Friday, January 16, 2015

Bring in the New!

New supplies that is, because we know that all of our fellow Belles were verrrrrrrrrry good last year and thus were showered with lovely goodies for Christmas or Hanukkah! Or possibly, like us, you've helped out Santa by doing a little shopping in the post-holiday sales? Failing that, you could dig down deep into your stash and find something you've had for a bit, but not yet used! Here's what we made this week:


Lauren says, "I'm a huge fan of daily deal sites like Crafty Steals and Peachy Cheap... actually I'm a huge fan of ALL bargain papercrafting goods, full stop, lol! Before the holidays I took advantage of some extra-good savings and treated myself to a few Christmassy supplies including Basic Grey's "Aspen Frost" line (from which my green snowflake paper hails) and Crate Paper's "Sleigh Ride", the source of that lovely journal card sentiment. I took my layout inspiration from the current Retro Sketch (#148) and that was all the help I needed!"


Stephanie says, "I started with a new Tim Holtz Snowflake Die with Coordinating Embossing Folder ... then I added two more new snowflake die cuts from Simon Says Stamp.  I sprayed them with Fireworks Spray to coordinate with my new background paper from Bo Bunny's gorgeous Altitude Collection.  I finished with a snowflake epoxy sticker that wasn't new, but had never been opened (which pretty much equates to *new* in my studio).  I had used the Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas set, but used a sentiment from it that had never seen ink ... with my new Hero Arts Charcoal Ink ... whew, that's a lot of new."


We can't wait to see what you make with your new goodies! Link up here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, January 28, 2015. Keyword for galleries or Flickr is JB:15:02.


3 comments:

Marianne said...

Now this is a prompt I can relate to. I've even managed to upload a card at the beginning of this fortnight's challenge. Yay! Thanks for the inspiration!

Bananastamper said...

Ladies, you never cease to inspire me!!! Beautiful cards! I am on it - just gotta wait for the sun to photograph!
Thanks as always for keeping us on track!

Lorraine said...

I love this challenge. It forces me to open some of those packages I've been hoarding. Once again, thank you for the inspiration.