Friday, January 30, 2015

Shape-Up for the New Year

A common New Year's resolution is to get in shape ... so we're also going to Shape-Up at Jingle Belles by making cards that are shapes other than a square or rectangle.

Here are the shaped cards that we made:


Stephanie says, "My shaped card was made using Spellbinders Nestabilities Heirloom Ornaments (2011).  I positioned the of my folded card base just under the top ornament piece, so the card opens from the top.  Next I aligned my die cut on shimmery silver paper to center the pattern on my ornament.  I added two strips of solid silver shimmer paper. two red gems, a few wraps of silver thread around the top, and finished with an SRM Sticker Sentiment in the middle."

Lauren's Card

Lauren says, "One of my favorite uses for digital images and clip art is as templates for "real life" cards. I printed out the gorgeous snow globe in the "Icy Christmas" kit from Amber Shaw and Studio Flergs and used it to paper-piece the sections; then popped a Tim Holtz diecut reindeer, layered-and-sewn Sizzix tree, and an SRM Winter Sentiment into the resulting snow globe. Like most of my shaped cards, this is basically just a very fancy postcard. Yes, I know, it's easy enough to stick on a hinged back to make a "real" card, but usually I just skip the boring engineering part in favor of extra embellishing time and sign my name on the back... and now you know my little shaped card secret!" :) :) :)

Link up your own gorgeous holiday shaped-card masterpieces here by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, February 11th. Keyword for galleries and Flickr is JB:15:03.

7 comments:

~amy~ said...

yay for shaped cards...January has been so buy for me but I'm ready to buckle down with the holiday cards! Thanks for the gorgeous inspiration!

Optimistic Existentialist said...

This puts me back in the Christmas spirit!! :)

Katherine said...

These look great! After I'm done with my Valentine binge, I need to get back on track for my Christmas stash. Can't wait to see what creations are added!

Lisa said...

I am playing along just not managing to link up!!! I'll try this one soon. I adore your snow one card Lauren!!

Deb said...

Squeaking in under the wire but got my shaped card made! Thanks for a fun prompt Jingle Belles :O)

Anonymous said...

as always, your cards are fabulous! i especially love steph's tree and lauren's wonky house. another fun challenge and another card for the pile.

Lorraine said...

Thanks for the great inspiration once again ladies!