Friday, November 10, 2017

THANKful for the Holidays

With just two more official prompts left, we're getting close to the end of our ♥JINGLE BELLES♥ year. So this is a great time to take stock of how many cards you've completed, go back and add sentiments inside the cards if you haven't already, make sure they all have envelopes, etc. Being as we're coming up on Thanksgiving here in the US, it's also a good time to think about the cards we're all going to need after the holiday... so this fortnight we're making thank you cards!


Stephanie says, "I spent the day looking for a stamp set I misplaced (never did find it), but I did find a set of glittery holiday tags & some Thank You stickers that I'd forgotten I had ... and they were both perfect for this week's card.  I added a Peppermint Candy brad from Eyelet Outlet and used this week's Sketch Saturday layout.  I created a second tag card on my blog."


Lauren says, "Shocking true confession: There's never been a year in which I didn't need at least one or two extra cards at the very last minute; usually because someone I wasn't expecting kindly sent me a beautiful handmade card! On the other hand, I'm not a cardmaker who always likes to put a sentiment on the outside. By now I think you may have guessed what I am getting at here, right?  The cards you see above are the right tone to be thank you notes. They will almost certainly be thank you notes. But I haven't put a sentiment on the outside or the inside yet... just in case I need a couple more holiday cards at the last minute. It's called "hedging your bets" lol, and you are welcome to join me in this strategy this fortnight!" 

Link your creations here by Wednesday, November 22nd at 6pm (EST). Codeword for galleries and Flickr is JB:17:23.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

The bold peppermint element on Stephanie's card is so much fun, esp. with the added brad, and I love all of those pretty layers of Lauren's cards. Not a style I'm comfortable with but those colours are irresistible. The blue snowflakes reminded me of a few alcohol panels that I created a few weeks ago but haven't used yet, so I may end up with a few snowflakes on my cards without a sentiment. I don't normally need any Thank you cards since we don't exchange gifts at Christmas, but I agree with Lauren that it's good to be prepared, and adding a sentiment is easier than creating a card from scratch.

Sue Crease said...

Fab cards girls, yes thank you cards are a must have too. X

Donna Ellis said...

Such a great idea for getting Christmas thank you cards made - Stephanie and Lauren, both your ideas are fantastic, and I've pinned your pretties to jump start me (and others) with your fabulous designs! I especially like the idea of making some blank winter cards for that perfect occasion - Thanks again for hosting the challenge. xx

Sarah said...

Cute DT cards! I must admit this is the first time I've seen your blog and I entered my card in your challenge, but I'm now afraid it doesn't qualify as it isn't "Christmasy". If you need to delete it, I totally understand! But I'll be back!

Sybrina K said...

What a great challenge! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration. :)